The National Science & Technology Forum (NSTF)-South32 Photos Johannesburg
The 21st annual National Science and Technology Forum (NSTF)-South32 Awards were held on the 27th of June 2019. The ‘Oscars of Science’ in South Africa was held at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg. The NSTF-South32 Awards celebrates excellence across various fields of expertise. Fields include science, technology, innovation and engineering. NSTF-South32 awards photography Johannesburg by Monsoon Photography.
The NSTF is a non-profit stakeholder body for all science, engineering and technology (SET) and innovation organisations in South Africa.
The Lifetime Achievement Award
Prof. Robin Crewe received the Lifetime Achievement Award. This award recognises the phenomenal work he has done on social insects, especially on honeybees. The award also celebrates the extensive work he has put into uplifting the scientific community. Prof. Crewe has been the dean of natural science at two universities. He has also served as vice-principal for research and postgraduate studies at the University of Pretoria.
- TW Kambule-NSTF Award: Researcher: Prof. Lindiwe Inncocentia Zungu. Executive Dean: Graduate Studies, UNISA.
- TW Kambule-NSTF Award: Emerging Researcher: Dr Mardé Helbig. Senior lecturer: Dept of Computer Science, UP.
- TW Kambule-NSTF Award: Emerging Researcher: Dr Hlumani Ndlovu. Lecturer: Div of Chemical and Systems Biology, Dept of Integrative Biomedical Sciences, UCT.
- Management Award: Dr Happy Marumo Sithole. Director: Centre for High Performance Computing, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research.
- Engineering Research Capacity Development Award: Prof. Elvis Fosso-Kankeu. Associate Professor: School of Chemical and Minerals Engineering, North-West University.
- Engineering Research Capacity Development Award: Prof. Alison Lewis. Dean: Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment, University of Cape Town (UCT).
- NSTF-Lewis Foundation Green Economy Award: Ms Nicoleen Janse van Rensburg. Process, Energy & Environmental Technology Station (UJ-PEETS), Technology Station Manager, University of Johannesburg.
- NSTF-Water Research Commission (WRC) Award: Prof. Martine Visser. Director: Environmental Policy Research Unit, and Professor of Economics, School of Economics; Research Chair: African Climate Development Initiative, University of Cape Town.
- Data for Research Award: Prof. Tandi Matsha. SARChI Chair: Cardiometabolic Health, Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
- Innovation Award: Corporate Organisation: Centre for Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing (CRPM) Unit, Central University of Technology, Free State. Director and Team Leader: Mr Gerrie Booysen.
- Innovation Award: Small, Medium and Micro Enterprise (SMME): Hydrox Holdings Ltd Team. Chief Executive Officer and Team Leader: Mr Cornelis Johannes de Jager.
- Communication Award: Wits Communications Services. Head: Shirona Patel, University of the Witwatersrand (Wits).
- Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) Award: Eskom Expo for Young Scientists. Executive Director: Mr Parthy Chetty.
- Special Annual Theme Award: Materials for inclusive economic development: Prof. Alexander Quandt. Acting Chair: Materials for Energy Research Group; Focus Area Co-ordinator: Centre of Excellence in Strong Materials, Wits.
Read more about the current winners here.
NSTF Brilliants Programme
The NSTF Brilliants Programme recognises 18 first year students studying in the science, medicine and engineering fields. Two students (one male and one female) are chosen from each of the 9 provinces. These students must have received top marks in mathematics and physical science in the National Senior Certificate Examinations (grade 12) of the previous year. They are identified by the Provincial Education Departments, and selected by the NSTF. Further reading: here.
Awards Photographer Johannesburg
Contact us for a quote on awards and event photography in Johannesburg and Pretoria.